Saturday, February 27, 2010

Checking In!

Hello all my dear stitching friends. I hope that you have had a wonderful and Blessed week and weekend!

This week was a bit of a tuffy around here. My great uncle passed away Wednesday morning and we had his funeral on Friday. He lived a long and wonderful life. He was 96 years old and one of the most sweetest and God fearing men I have ever known. The service was very nice and I enjoyed seeing some family that I don't normally see. It is sad that it has to be something like a death in the family that brings us together but that is just the way it is sometimes. Anyway, I know that Uncle Cecil is in a much better place now with no pain and he is with his wonderful wife now.

On a happier note, I have done a bit of stitching the past couple weeks and even though it is not a lot of progress, I will show an update pic anyway.I have not done any stitching on my Christmas Designs SAL though. I have made a couple decisions about my stitching this past week. Except for the ATC Birthday Exchange, I will not be participating in any exchanges for a while. I will also not be participating in any SAL's either. Since I don't have a lot of time to stitch and many times my hands are just hurting to badly when I do have time, I can not allow myself to have any deadlines right now. I do not want to commit to something that I can not stick to! ATC's are so small and simple and fun, they will not be a problem.

Speaking of the ATC birthday exchange group . . . it is sign up time for the next year's round. We will begin in May 2010 and run through April 2011. All that you are required to send to each person is an ATC that they must receive in time for their birthday. You can visit the group blog for more info! There is a post to leave a comment on if you would like to join the group for this next year and anyone is welcome to participate!!

Let's see . . . . . what else . . ? Oh ya, that is right! Tomorrow is the last day of the special at Cindy Mae Designs. Make sure and take advantage of this special offer before time is up. If you spend at least $10.00 in purchases of either patterns and/or cording, you will be entered in a drawing to win a $20 gift card to 123stitch.com! So make sure and make that purchase in time to be entered in the drawing.

Well, I do believe that is all I have at this moment. I will stop rambling your ears off! LOL Thank you all so much who leave comments every time I post, I truly appreciate it. I appreciate all of you who just stop by for a visit without comments as well. Thank you!

post signature

10 comments:

Brigitte said...

Very nice stitchy update. It's a lovely project you are stitching on.
Hopefully the pain in your hands doesn't occur too often and keep you from stitching.

Hazel said...

Sorry for your loss this week Cindy. Your wip looks lovely. hugsxxx

Carolyn NC said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle. Lovely stitching!

Karan said...

Sorry to hear about your sad loss.

All progress helps towards an eventual Happy Dance. :0)

Tracy Dixon said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Your stitching is looking great x

Meari said...

My condolences on your uncle's passing.

Your WIP looks nice. Is that a LK design?

Rachel S-H said...

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle.

Anonymous said...

I have just come across your blog after admiring some of your threads that a fellow stitcher received in an Easter exchange.

I tried your website that was on the card, but it doesn't seem to be working :(

I must go and take a look at your designs - do you accept paypal payments?

Heather

Kathy said...

My condolences on your Uncles passing.

I like the new piece you are stitching. Can't wait to see it finished.

Off to check out your new site.

Despina said...

nice stitching!