Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Card and WIP Update!

My step-dad loved his birthday card. This pattern was actually a white man sitting in a sail boat. My step-dad is a black man and don't sail, he fishes. So, I made the man black with the help of some of my stitching buddies and their suggestions of colors. My husband then hand carved a fishing pole and a tiny fish. He used fishing line to attach the fish to the pole too! I think it turned out great! And, here is the finished product:


It does not seem like I have had a lot of time to stitch. When I looked back at my last update photo on my WIP, I noticed that I did make more progress than I thought though. So, that is always nice!
I really guess that is about all for this week.

I do want to say thank you to everyone who has been leaving me comments! I love getting those comments, I just have not gotten good at replying to all of them yet! Give me time and I will though. I do really appreciate you all visiting my blog!

Until next week, happy stitching!
Cindy Mae

5 comments:

Meari said...

The card is adorable. You and DH did a great job!

Irene said...

The card looks wonderful, love the little fish.

Jinger said...

Your card turned out wonderful! Great job! Love what your hubby did with the pole and fish. :-)

Terry said...

Love what you did with the card for your step-dad. I'm sure he loved it too.

Your WIP is looking good. Don't feel bad about the stitching time, just enjoy it whenever you can sit and do a few stitches.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That card looks fantastic!